About Amplitude Clinical Outcomes
Amplitude is the industry leading provider of web based clinical outcomes systems designed specifically to enable the capture of validated and meaningful data for individual clinicians, hospitals, registries and large clinical groups.
With over fourteen years’ experience in developing clinical systems, Amplitude designs products that are not only technically sound, but have insight and understanding of the challenges facing outcomes data capture.
Amplify you career with this fantastic opportunity!
The Business Analyst will work with internal and external contacts to elicit user requirements and analyse these to define detailed specs that enable our tech team to deliver these requirements and our testing team to develop appropriate testing scripts. They will be the Product’s representative in the heart of the tech team, ensuring that the product vision and voice of the users is communicated and championed throughout every aspect of the build.
- Work with Amplitude and the customer to create clear and actionable specifications for each defined piece of work, and tasks within a sprint
- Work with the tech team from both Amplitude and customer – tasked with ensuing the delivery of an Amplitude system and services to the whole organisation, supporting clinical and business integration
- Work with the Project Management team to offer technical support for implementation of Amplitude systems
- Examining existing business processes and mapping workflows
- Documenting functional and non -functional requirements and mapping workflows
- Assisting with the design, testing and implementation of digital solutions to improve patient care
- Conducting opportunity analysis and giving technical recommendation
- Understand both the technical and business side of the product release
- Engage business stakeholders when/where required for new development and understand the commercial context for releases
- Facilitate interview sessions and requirements gathering meetings with stakeholders e.g. Clinicians, Service Managers, IT Leads, external partners etc in order to perform effective analysis of business needs and requirements
WORKING HOURS: 37.5
(There may be occasions where additional hours are required over and above standard working hours, but reparation for these would be negotiated with the Managing Director or Operations Manager)
Office hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Position is based at the Amplitude UK office in Droitwich.
Closing Date: 15th October 2018
If you are interested in this great opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter to the Business Operations Manager – email@example.com